Friday, July 20, 2012

MY TOMATOES ARE GROWING!!!!!!!!


I have not given you an update lately on my Heritage Veggie Garden. I have been a little busy but here it is.


The green beans are huge. We will be eating some this weekend.



And just look at those Tomato plants. They are so big I had to re-stake them. I am so proud of them. I never would have guessed I could grow them from seed.


I have lots of little green tomatoes growing and you can start to see the wierd heritage shapes on some of them. I cannot wait to taste one.


The peas are coming along. Lots of leaves and flowers but I have not seen the peas just yet. I will have to come up with a better way to let them climb, I found that just staking and using wire was not strong enough.


I will have a lot of carrots. I am going to divide some later today so they have some room to grow.


All of the potted veggies are doing quite nicely too. The snow peas and peas are blooming and the lettuce and beets look very nice too. I am about another three weeks away from ripe tomatoes I think, but as soon as one is ready you will be the first to know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, everything is coming along nicely.
    You remind me of a story I used to read with the kids when they were little. It was called First Tomato, by Rosemary Wells. I've just been running through it in my mind, I still remember the words, lol. One line says, "I close my eyes and breathe in its rich, red smell" that will be you in a couple more weeks!
    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete