Monday, June 25, 2012

HEIRLOOM GARDEN UPDATE!







Oh, my tomatoes! I am so proud of these beauties, they are coming along nicely. So strong and getting so big. I spent 3 hours dividing them and staking them last week. I just did not want to give any away so I did my best to keep as many of the little babies as I could. I removed the flower garden at the end of the porch and put them elsewhere so I could fill the bed with tomato plants. This is where I had them last year and they did wonderfully. I had to give 8 away and now have 51. I know that will be a lot of tomatoes but they will not go to waste, believe me.







The potted beans and peas are coming along. Some a little faster but they will get there. The other garden is doing quite well. We will start to eat the lettuce this week. It is mild, sweet and quite delicious although very delicate.







The peas, radishes and carrot are looking good too. I have a feeling we will be eating fresh picked veggies every night by the end of July. Fingers crossed.

Have a stop over to WICKED FAERIE QUEEN for a look at Daisy and Rufus today and a little bit of everything.

3 comments:

  1. All looking very good. My tomato plants are a bit of a disaster this year, what with Zeke uprooting some, and me accidentally snapping others, I am down to a sorry 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your carrots are looking nice, I've never been able to grow them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining my blog and my giveaway!!
    I am so happy you joined because I stop by like you asked to check out your blog and I my in LOVE with your blog.I am a new follower and can't wait for your next post!!!!!!!
    You have a garden thumb.
    Fresh veggies from your own garden, doesn't get any better than that.

    I also saw the post below this one and the picture of your kitties is to cute!!It melted my heart.

    Summer Blessings to a new Blogging Friend,
    Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete