Wednesday, April 25, 2012

GERANIUMS...NOT JUST YOUR GRAMMA'S FLOWER.

Growing up my grandparents always had Red Geraniums in pots around the farm. My grandmother just loved them but I always thought they seemed a little dated, a Gramma's flower.
And then a few years ago I got a summer job at our local Greenhouse. The grew a large variety of Geraniums.
Not only did they grow White, Pink and the popular Red...
...they also grew varieties like this Lemon Yellow and Blood Blue.
I now have a new appreciation for the Geranium. I love their old fashioned country appeal. Sitting on an old farm table in a glass house or in a single pot.
I find them very homey. I plant them now in my garden and in pots. Even with the variety of colours I found myself attracted to the same Lipstick Red Geranium my Grandmother planted.
And did you know that Geraniums are edible? Try this delicious Lemon Geranium Cake from Kellie ate FOOD TO GLOW I think it looks so summery and light I am definately going to try it.
Images from PINTEREST. And stop by my blog WICKED FAERIE QUEEN today for some lovely Porches.

No comments:

Post a Comment